Mentors inspire, encourage, and support you, as well as contribute to your student development. You can expect to
- Strengthen your time management skills
- Understand how to utilize Ashford's learning resources,
- Increase your social network within the Ashford learning community
- Have fun building relationships!
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I connect with a Mentor? Complete your application and look for communication via email and phone from a staff member. You will be informed about an upcoming group orientations and once you are ready for mentorship, you will be connected with your mentor in our next cohort.
- How long will the mentors be available? Mentors make commitments to work with you to reach each program milestone. There are seven unique milestones that take on approximately 7-10 weeks to complete.
- What do I do if the relationship is not going well or I am concerned about membership, what to do? Let your mentor know about the situation and contact the Admin immediately. You will have our full support to resolve the situation in a positive and satisfactory manner.
Find a Mentor Today!
Discover the perfect resource for your educational success here.
- Take a proactive role in shaping the relationship.
- Understand what you want from the mentoring relationship and communicate your goals and aspirations to your mentor. Balance your personal and professional relationship with your mentor.
- Set aside time for the mentoring process, keep all scheduled appointments with your mentor and display professional behavior.
- Put the time with your mentor to the best use. Come to meetings with your mentor prepared with planned topics.
- Respond in a timely manner to your mentor's feedback. Respond to emails from your mentor at most two days after receipt.
- Be open and honest with your mentor about your challenges and weaknesses.
- If something concerning the mentor needs to be discussed with others, it should first be discussed within the mentoring relationship.
- Ask for advice on everything.
- Blame the mentor if his or her advice doesn't work out.
- Expect the mentor to know all the answers.
- Commit yourself to obligations you cannot keep.
- Cancel meetings/visits with your mentor at the last minute.